Account Executive Strategic Marketing
The Account Executive -Strategic Marketing will play a key role in sales and marketing new business initiatives, Board of Directors reporting activities, and industry research. Responsible for supporting RFPs, strategy development into new verticals, businesses and/or categories, and create reports on trends and/or industry newsletters or other publications. Manages and reports on new business pipeline, development of presentations, Board of Directors internal and/or external, and support all activities performed by the strategy office.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy and Brand Development
• Participate in strategy development, branding, and new business development efforts for sales and marketing
• Interview key stakeholders to gain a clear understanding of the audience, industry, competitive landscape, and business objective
• Define branding/design of pitch elements and manage vendors on creation of elements
• Contribute in articulating and formulating strategic offerings and positioning
Research / Analysis / Reporting
• Perform industry research and analysis when entering new industries, channels, or adjacencies
• Compile and gather information for presentation and report development
Presentation and Report Development
• Manage presentation and report development for all strategic initiatives and/or corporate reporting requirements
o Develop pitch themes, brainstorm in-room collateral, assets, or other elements to deliver a compelling, cohesive, and memorable presentation
o Manage presentation flow and individual slide content to effectively convey Integrated’s offerings, key differentiators, and specific strategic proposal
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing or equivalent job-related experience
- 1-3 years of experience in a marketing capacity, department, and/or CPG company
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Good interpersonal skills
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
• Ability to make oral presentations
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadline
• Strong prioritization skills
• Team building Skills
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.