VP Sales – Retailtainment
The VP of Sales is responsible for the development, coordination, management, oversight and ongoing evaluation of the Advantage Solutions/Walmart Retailtainment partnership. Focus is on delivering measureable results within the organization that lead to outstanding program execution for our clients and our Walmart partner.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Marketing: Develop and define the go-to-market strategy for the Integrated Retail Team, including but not limited to, product and service portfolio strategy, pricing strategy, and channel management strategy, and promotions strategy; create and develop executable programs, materials, and processes that are driven by market and business insights; Measure and evaluate marketing strategy implementation against intended results.
• Business Development: Evaluate performance to determine if organizational capabilities are competitive and relevant with regard to customer and competitor trends in the industry; customize the go-to-market strategy for strategic clients and segments; oversee and support the launch of new marketing programs and processes at the initial point of customer interface, including the generation of new business leads.
• Insights: Play a strategic role in developing category, channel, customer and competitive brand marketplace insights; oversee the collection and reporting of data to analyze and identify consumer and marketplace trends/opportunities to enhance the go-to-market strategy; champion key insights to drive consumer/shopper behavior change.
• Optimization: Make adjustments and optimize the go-to-market strategy to maximize our one-to-one consumer interactions; work closely with business leaders (i.e. Talent Acquisition, Field Execution, etc.) to maximize processes; identify and attend approved trade exhibits, shows and regular company field programs to develop and maintain knowledge base; identify gaps and best practices in marketing and business development operations to improve overall performance.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 20-35 %
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Master's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
• 7-10+ years of management/leadership experience in a retail marketing and business development role
• Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic business environment
• Experience managing a team of direct and indirect reports
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Expert level influencing skills – ability to manage internal and external boundaries, set expectations, and build alignment at varying management levels/client interface
• Expert level insight skills – ability to identify and develop robust data on internal and external operations (especially regarding customer expectations and alternatives) and transform that data into decisions that balance risk with reward
• Expert level execution skills - ability to coordinate mutually agreed expectations of what is promised to the customer into measureable business results
• Expert level credibility skills – ability to use personal effectiveness to link relationships, processes, and business methodologies with revenue-producing activities Strong strategic thinking and process development skills
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Empathy/understanding of the impact of marketing and business development initiatives on field associates
• Technically proficient in marketing and business development tools, MS Office and data reporting systems.
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Team player with good people skills
• Ability to manage and develop a team of 10 or more employees, including direct and indirect reports
• Must have proven successful track record in developing strategies and delivering results
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.