The Senior Strategist’s primary responsibility is to formulate and communicate actionable insights. You will develop a keen understanding of how culture, technology, brands, media, and motivations impact our ability to communicate. Use this knowledge to quickly and simply frame client problems. Clearly identify brand opportunities and the challenges facing our work. Align clients and teams on the desired impact and purpose of our work.
Guide powerful work. Create compelling strategies for orchestrating brand communications, experiences, and actions. Collaborate with all disciplines and practices inside the agency to develop strategic and creative solutions to client business challenges. Create and deliver clear, simple, and compelling presentations of this information to create buy-in between clients and the agency.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Derive insights by interpreting category competitive data, sentiment analysis, cultural connections, emerging trends in media, and consumer insights.
• Define business/brand goals with clients and translate into communications strategies across paid, earned, and owned media.
• Develop messaging and experience strategy across digital touch points; to engage/serve consumers, or motivate movement through the purchase funnel.
• Ensure integration between various digital marketing communications efforts across owned, paid, and earned media.
• Compile / conduct and analyze research for client work and agency POV’s.
• Lead ideation sessions. Translate conceptual ideas into actionable ideas.
• Build and deliver well-communicated strategic stories from a variety of inputs and information.
• Contribute research, development, and thought leadership within our industry, for our clients, and for the agency.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
- Travel up to 15%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): MBA Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing/Business
• 8-10 years’ experience, across traditional planning, digital marketing, and brand strategy.
• Experience in media, interactive marketing, social media, user experience design, and developing communications for emerging technologies highly desired.
• Experience in a client-facing, consultative role at a top-tier consulting firm or advertising agency preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Solid understanding of business and market fundamentals.
• Highly collaborative methods. Comfort with leading, co-leading and following in teams.
• Proven strategic planning acumen
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Strong sense of personal responsibility and initiative - must be able to work autonomously or in advance of other teams joining, supporting.
• Effectively balance between executing against planned deliverables and effectively improvising on the client relationship; innovating on emerging client needs as they arise, providing necessary velocity in engagement progress.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.