The Sales Analyst supports internal and external customers in growing the retail business through accurate and insightful data analysis. They will provide recommendations based on their analysis. This role should have a strong skillset and knowledge with analytical software and tools to report their analysis. They are able to communicate their analysis effectively through oral and visual presentations. They can make sound decisions and have the ability to take initiative and accountability for the accuracy of their information. They independently take ownership of their client’s objectives to effectively coordinate the resources needed to meet the end goal of growing the client’s brand and business. They can solve complex, non-routine problems where no precedent has been established with little to no supervision.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze customer and syndicated data, identify opportunities to improve client’s sales performance
• Utilize customer and Advantage retail data systems, extracting raw data, and conducting in-depth analysis of client and customer performance
• Make recommendations based on analytics of business data using Retail Link; Create a retail plan of action, monitor and report results
• Create insightful business reviews that communicate the value of services to clients by leveraging customer, client, and retail reporting data to correlate real world ROI
• Analyzing customer and syndicated data, identify opportunities to improve client’s sales performance, create a retail plan of action, monitor and report results
• Set up and administrate clients on Advantage retail reporting systems, ensuring that customer/client data is aligned internally.
• Attend client meetings and assist Business Development Manager in presenting business reviews.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Degree Program/Major – Business, Marketing, Economics, Management
2-4 Years of experience in Retail Analytics
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Decision making skills
- Analytical and research Skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Ability to research and analyze data effectively
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Intermediate level knowledge of PC software applications and strong understanding of PC operating systems
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
(A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department)
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.