Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The role of the Associate Director of Project Management is to assist in department level planning, training and management as well as plan, execute, and finalize projects according to project deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of creative & technology team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Associate Director of Project Management will also assist in defining the department policies and procedures as well as assisting in identifying efficiencies in process and operational matters. They will also be tasked with enforcing adherence to process amongst the Project Management department as well as the entire agency. The Associate Director of Project Management will be responsible for assisting in developing scopes of work and retainers for new and current clients.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Direct and manage project from beginning to end.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Review full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Gain approval on projects among the various departments by routing projects.
- Develop and deliver progress reports and requirements documentation.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to creative/technology team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with account management and stakeholders.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary or validate budgets provided.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
Define and manage resource allocation throughout project lifecycle
- On a weekly basis, allocate creative & technology staff to ensure all work can be completed.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional creative & technology staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
Present to key clients and stakeholders
Present to internal leadership teams
Assist in driving departmental structure and goals
- Assist in development and enforcement of Process and Procedures within the organization
- Assist in identifying efficiencies across the organization
- Assist in developing training materials and practices for the department
Assist in supervising / mentoring junior team members
- Assist in elevating the level of project management team competency
- Assist in elevating the digital acumen of the project management department
Lead agency onboarding and training
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Travel up to 10 %
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
8+ years of experience in Project Management in an agency environment
3-5 years of experience in managing team members
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities List
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills, communicate changes, recap meeting notes, create and ensure a smooth project flow.
- Excellent inter-department relationship skills
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
- Ability to research and analyze data effectively
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Strong prioritization & interpersonal skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Practices project management principles and processes
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and agency PMO tools
- Proficient in Project Management tools (i.e., MS Project) or similar project tool
- Working knowledge of digital, print, event, tech, and content production (interactive design, HTML, Flash, video, etc)
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).