Customer Development Manager
The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is responsible for making sales calls on a designated Customer. The Customer Development Manager works closely with all Business Development Managers within that assigned department, as well as order entry, claims, schematics, and retail sales associates to ensure all Client and Customer standards are met.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Revenue Budget Achievement
• Assist Business Development Manager in achieving the Company’s income and expense budgets by ensuring all marketing strategies are implemented.
• Increase sales through efficient management of promotional spending within Client guidelines.
Client Quota Achievement
• Meet or exceed clients’ goals for sales, distribution, pricing, shelving, and promotional volume by working with all related departments for assigned Customer.
Client KPI’s Achievement
• Monitor all retail pricing and indirect order guides within the division by regularly reporting discrepancies to appropriate Business Development Managers.
• Secure Client approved schematics for all clients’ brands by providing communication to our schematic, reset, and retail departments.
Existing SKU Achievement
• Ensure incremental sales through distribution of new products and maintenance of existing SKU’s.
• Demonstrate sales accomplishments and areas of opportunity by coordinating in sales presentations for key Customers and Clients.
• Sell business-building ideas to Customers through the use of syndicated data (i.e. Nielsen, IRI data, Spectra, and forms of demographic data).
Forecast Planning Achievement
• Achieve incremental growth by pursuing volume-producing merchandising at assigned Customer account.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 40%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Sales presentation/platform skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
• Working knowledge of syndicated data helpful.
• PC skills-This includes an understanding of spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (MS Word).
• One to three year’s work experience in applicable field, (i.e. sales and marketing agency, Customer, Client).
• Proven track record in sales helpful.
• Presentation software (PowerPoint) helpful, but not required.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.