Vice President of HR Operations
The head of HR Operations position will be responsible for creating high quality, cost-effective human resources programs, provide an exemplary customer experience for our associates, while continually assessing the effectiveness of current programs and practices, looking for opportunities to enhance and improve.
The VP HR Operations will provide strategic leadership and operational management for a broad range of Human Resources functions including Compensation, Benefits, HRIS, Associate Relations and the Associate Service Center. He/she will be responsible for assuring all programs advance our competitive position and assure compliance with rapidly changing requirements. In addition, they will be tasked with assuring that all HR transactions are timely, accurate and compliant, and that HR processes are streamlined and effective.
The VP HR Operations will play a critical role in overall Human Resources strategic and operational planning to align HR strategy with enterprise goals. It will be the VP HR Operations’ responsibility to create strong partnerships with key business leaders and managers, and represent HR on enterprise-wide committees and initiatives.
A successful candidate will possess:
Minimum Years of Experience:
This position requires a minimum of 15 years of experience as a strategic HR leader, with expertise in a wide range of HR functions, including Compensation, Benefits, HR Systems, Service Centers and HR Operations
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Execute and implement fiscally sound compensation management processes with regard to base pay salary structures, variable pay plans and other employee recognition opportunities.
• Effective benchmarking to remain competitive and compliant.
• Review and oversee the development of incentive, bonus, commission, and long-term incentives (equity) award plans, ensuring they are performance driven, market competitive, legally compliant, accurately administered and effectively communicated.
• Review, evaluate, and manage the executive compensation programs (base, bonus, and equity) by directly collaborating with executive leadership.
• Provide direct oversight and management to Total Rewards and HRIS leadership teams.
• Act as the Company’s Subject Matter Expert to ensure Compensation and Benefits programs are in line with company vision and set-up to attract, engage, and retain top talent at all levels.
• Prepare and present summaries for the Board and the Compensation Committee.
• Liaise with finance to optimize value, reduce risk, evaluate options, and make recommendations to executive management.
• Effectively communicate trends, legislation changes, and other relevant data on a timely basis to executive team and when appropriate, recommend course of action to effectively manage impacted/assigned plans.
• Partner with Legal department for SEC compliance and reporting.
• Determine how current and developing legislation and regulations affect benefits, compensation and rewards practices determining impact on the company and assist in developing Company response to changes.
• Manage staff and provide direction on the ongoing administration of total rewards programs, ensuring compliance with all government regulations related to rewards and benefits programs, including ERISA reporting and disclosure requirements, FLSA, Wage and Hour, FMLA, and HIPAA, IRS, DOL, SOX, Health Care Reform, and other appropriate regulations.
Mergers & Acquisitions
• Drive benefits harmonization during acquisition and integration process.
• Participate in M&A activity and the management and integration of compensation, HR Systems, and benefit requirements.
• Participate in acquisition due diligence.
• Direct and manage the analysis of HR data and metrics on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including comparisons to benchmarks in support of business objectives.
• Ensure development and design of compensation tools for manager self-service, bonus and incentive plan tracking, and annual merit process.
• Ensure appropriate technology is maximized to administer all compensation, benefits, and rewards programs.
• Provide oversight, leadership, support and an executive voice to reviewing, creating, and maintaining benefit programs enterprise-wide.
• Develop and design benefit programs to support a culture of health and corporate financial objectives and work to reduce overall plan expenses without eroding competitiveness.
• Set and manage the annual budget for employer-sponsored plans.
• Work with Finance to ensure adequate estimates, forecasts, and calculations for budget planning and tracking.
• Responsible for on-going benchmarking of best practices/trend scalability and develop tools/ways to measure program success and ROI.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
At least 25 % of the time
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
• 10+ years of progressive leadership experience in designing, implementing, and providing direction to Compensation, Benefits, and HRIS functions.
• Experience collaborating, presenting to, and working with executive management and a Compensation Committee.
• Extensive knowledge of a wide variety of compensation and benefit plans, techniques and theories including base salary, merit programs, short-term incentives, equity programs, health and wellness plans, retirement plans and recognition programs.
• Experience evaluating, designing, and reviewing executive compensation programs.
• Experience managing an HRIS function.
• Experience working in a publically held company is preferred.
• Subject matter expertise with knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial concepts especially related to tax and accounting treatment, SEC regulations and filings, proxy disclosures and the Internal Revenue Code.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
Ability to Direct, Lead, & Develop People
Ability to Visualize & Plan Objectives & Goals Strategically
Demonstrated Ability to Provide Cross-Functional Leadership
Well Organized, Detail Oriented, & able to Handle Fast Paced Work Environment
Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
Strong Priortizing Skills
Product/Vendor evaluation, RFP development/management, and contract negotiations and implementation
Knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to federal and state tax code
Enterprise software experience such as Oracle, ADP, Workday, PeopleSoft/SAP, etc.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Work is performed primarily in an office environment.
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.