BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
At Advantage Solutions, we build people, brands and businesses! The Business Development Specialist provides financial information and administrative support for Business Development Manager (BDM). This position plays a pivotal role in forecasting spend and financial plans. The ideal candidate will excel with a background in analytics and ability to identify, and resolve potential promotion issues. As part of our winning team, you’ll receive top-tier training, competitive base salary, and a comprehensive benefits package all with the opportunity for career growth. Looking to make an impact on overall growth strategies for the Consumer Packaged Goods industry? Then apply today for a chance to join the largest sales and marketing agency in North America, Advantage Solutions!
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Business Development Specialist manages financial information for Client’s key promotion trade plans. Create financial plans and forecast spend based on allotted budget for promotions. Analyze, identify, and resolve potential promotion funding issues/conflicts and communicate resolution(s) to Business Development Manager (BDM) and/or Client.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Promotional Trade Plan
• Forecast, design, and conduct business and financial models for Client promotional trade plans
• Manage financial information including balance sheet/accounts for trade plans; prepare financial analysis for period of statements; prepare reconciliations, schedules, and account analysis
• Research and report on factors influencing business performance
• Assess financial implications of new or existing plans
• Ensure compliance with ASM’s & Client’s standards for financial management
• Implement annual and item(s) specific promotional plans
o Financial record keeping at all local divisions
o Monitor spending plans to ensure that promotions are actualized and all deductions have been received
• Analyze, identify, and resolve potential promotional or funding issues or conflicts and communicate resolution to BDM and Client
Presentation and Sales Plan
• Partner with ASM Category Management team to build sales presentations, new items, selling promotions, pricing, and planogram changes
Ensure ASM business partners understand use of Client’s promotional fund management system to avoid and ensure conflicts do not arise with client as a result of poor performance
• Effectively train ASM BAA and BDM in the field on use of financial system
• Implement new practices/protocols/procedures or revisions to existing ones for Client’s core fund management operations 60
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
- Travel up to 25%
Education Level: (Required) Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience in related work in applicable field
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Ability to make oral presentations
• Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
• Ability to develop strategic plans to grow the business
• Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
• Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
• Team building Skills
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
• Trade funding software experience such as Siebel, Adesso, or other similar software
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.