Manager, SEC Reporting
Advantage is excited to offer an exceptional opportunity for a talented and smart expert in corporate financial reporting. This is a key individual contributor role reporting to the Director of Finance.
As Advantage continues to growth across the US and internationally, we are seeking exceptional finance professionals with high level experience in all elements of SEC reporting. Our selected candidate will bring advanced knowledge of GAAP and SOX from working hands-on within private industry and audited Fortune 500 organizations.
Education, Experience and Technical Requirements:
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the preparation and coordination of SEC 10-Q/K filings including all financial statements, footnotes and Management’s Discussion & Analysis
• Provide support for the preparation of the Quarterly and Annual reports on Form 10-Q/K including data input, document tie out, and general review
• Assists with the management of month end close cycle to ensure the fastest and most accurate financial data. Identify and implement opportunities for improvement to existing processes
• Assist/review the consolidation process and preparation of the consolidated financial statements (income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows)
• Understand and implement new accounting pronouncements and regulatory updates. Alert management to all current GAAP and SEC trends in reporting and compliance that apply to the Company
• Prepare necessary calculations for equity based compensation account and equity disclosures
• Support M&A activity including due diligence, preparation of purchase accounting memo and footnote disclosures
• Participate in communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures and other issues
• Act as liaison with other departments in preparation and review of non-financial reporting metrics
• Design, implement and maintain accounting and system controls for record-to-report to ensure compliance with SOX 404
• Ad hoc reporting and special projects as assigned
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent applicable experience.
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Accounting or Finance, or equivalent applicable work experience
4-5 Years of Experience and Knowledge of:
• SEC technical reporting experience
• Experience in a public company accounting department
• Extensive knowledge and familiarity of GAAP reporting standards
• SOX compliance policy and procedures and/or involved with the actual reporting required under SOX
• CPA strongly preferred; background in external auditing from a “Big-4” Accounting firm a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP and SEC regulation as well as general accounting practices and reporting requirements
• Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment and work independently with minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Highly collaborative team player with the ability to develop and enforce policies and procedures
• Professional attitude and a strong work ethic
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.