Sr Enterprise Financial Analyst
Are you a top notch senior financial analyst with expertise working with C-Level executives of a Fortune 500 audited firm? We would like to speak with you.
Important nuances about the role: Enterprise planning systems such as Hyperion and/or Essbase. This is a complex and visible role where experience beyond a divisional/function is high preferred.
Advantage Sales and Marketing is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team at our international headquarters in Irvine California. The ideal candidate will have financial planning and analysis experience in a large, branded, multi-division service organization at the enterprise level. Experience and a strong competence in preparing and presenting forward-looking financial projections and analysis for senior-level leadership is preferred.
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management, and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare the monthly company forecast
• Coordinate, maintain and communicate key calendar dates such as the timing of submissions and leadership presentations
• Consolidate divisional submissions
• Research, understand and report performance changes and variancesPrepare financial schedules as needed to report/analyze performance
• Conduct ad-hoc analysis as needed/requested
Complete monthly reporting to senior management and the Board
• Coordinate with associates throughout the company to collect information to populate board slides (e.g., working capital, debt, capital expenditures)
• Prepare and incorporate company financial schedules (e.g., month, quarter, and year-to-date actual results, full year forecast, versus budget/prior year)
• Coordinate and prepare supporting files and notes for Board meeting / EVP Finance presentation
• Maintain a high sense of urgency and accuracy for all compiled information, regardless of source
Support the completion of the company annual financial plan and budget
• Develop and maintain company-wide planning calendars and financial submission requirements
• Support the completion of Board and senior management presentations
• Respond timely to ad-hoc requests or analyses
• Demonstrate a high level of accuracy on presentations and analyses
Enhance and maintain utilization of system-based tools for financial reporting, forecasting and analysis (includes web-based BI tools and databases)
• Ensure accurate and timely forecast submissions and utilization of system tools
• Support integration of acquisitions
• Coordinate with financial systems and support teams as needed
Complete ad-hoc projects as needed
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
• Field of Study/Area of Experience: Finance, financial planning & analysis, accounting
• 3-5 years of experience in financial planning & analysis and/or equivalent experience in a large, national/multinational organization
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy; comfortable and capable of shifting focus based on changing priorities and competing deadlines
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, procedures and standards policy and procedure development techniques
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
• Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications (e.g., multi-dimensional database and web-based planning applications such as Hyperion, BI360)
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.