Category Development Analyst
In a complex world, EDGE Marketing strives to keep it simple. It's how we think, strategize and execute for our clients.
EDGE is an agency focused on shopper and consumer activations, no matter where they take place. We do this with a mixture of courage, heart, hustle and creativity.
An Advantage Solutions agency, EDGE is connected to the leading trends and insights. A start up at heart, we love to roll up our sleeves and Get. Stuff. Done.
The Category Development Analyst is primarily responsible for analyzing consumer, category, customer and market data in order to build sound business recommendations and develop high quality supporting presentations. Focused on identifying mutually beneficial opportunities that support both our client brand growth and retailer category growth, this position will work closely with our client Retail sales teams and Marketing.
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management, and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Analyst Category Leadership candidate has a passion for numbers and is exploring career opportunities in data analysis. An entry level position, the Analyst Category Leadership will collect, organize, and help visualize data to assist sales teams in building assortment, pricing, promotion, and shelving stories that drive business for our clients and customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Source data from syndicated, customer-specific, and/or market resources
• Meet specific needs of requesting party by determining appropriate data selection and custom assortment as directed by supervisor
• Quantify, analyze, and interpret data
• Evaluate the reliability of source information by reconciling raw data and organizing results for analysis
• Create Excel reports and analysis utilizing syndicated sales data
• Maintain project schedule by coordinating activities, resolving problems, and making adjustments as needed to meet deadlines
Presentation Development & Delivery
• Organize information into presentation format by studying, analyzing, interpreting, and classifying data
• Assist the sales team as needed by participating in presentations and meetings to answer any questions regarding the data itself, interpretation of data, and the analysis of the data
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
- Ability to travel overnight for customer appointments and client meetings.
Minimum Qualifications: The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- 0-2 years of experience in marketing, math, statistics, or economic fields
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Intellectually curious, eager to problem solve, and a quick learner
• Well-organized and strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Demonstrated ability to work with large data sets; appetite for numbers and analytics
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team; a hunger for “winning together”
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize business requests
• Good communication – written and oral – skills and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic and desire to succeed (often with minimal supervision)
• Microsoft Office experience: Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Syndicated Data experience: Working knowledge of IRI, Nielsen, and other relevant platforms
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.