VP Enterprise Solutions Architect
Advantage Solutions is looking for a talented Vice President, Enterprise Solutions Architect for our growing technology leadership team in Irvine, CA.
The Vice President Enterprise Solutions Architect is accountable for proactively leading enterprise responses to disruptive forces by identifying and analyzing the execution of change toward the desired business vision and targeted outcomes. This starts and ends with a focus on delivering signature-ready, actionable recommendations to business leaderships, so they may adjust policies and projects to achieve target business outcomes. Not only is our company growing very quickly, but we are consistently acquiring organizations which requires integration and/or implementation of new infrastructure, business applications, etc. Hence, we are seeking someone skilled in multiple integrations, acquisitions in both private and publicly held organizations. This is an exciting opportunity for a strategic technology leader to make an instant and lasting positive impact, which enjoying a fast paced, bleeding-edge technology environment.
The appropriate candidate will have 10+ years technology expertise, including leadership as a solutions architect in a variety of platforms and technical environments including:
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management, and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The VP Enterprise Architect is accountable for proactively and holistically leading enterprise responses to disruptive forces by identifying and analyzing the execution of change toward the desired business vision and targeted outcomes. The enterprise architect is responsible for taking a practical approach to supporting the business. This starts and ends with a focus on delivering signature-ready, actionable recommendations to business leaders, so they can adjust policies and projects to achieve target business outcomes.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Lead and Influence
• Lead the creation or evolution of the enterprise architecture program/function (if managing and appointed as chief enterprise architect).
• Promote the business value of the EA program/function and its process, and the results of the EA program to business and IT leaders/executives.
• Seek opportunities to highlight how digital business initiatives will potentially impact enterprises' economic architecture and metrics.
Identify Ecosystems and Develop Business Models
• Understand the business's economic and financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation, so as to effectively support and guide technology investment decisions.
• Design and construct future- and current-state business models so as to practically apply new and emerging technologies to drive them.
• Detail potential competitive threats from digital enterprises that are generally considered outside of your traditional realm of competition.
Focus on Strategy and Execution
• Demonstrate the business value of EA as an enabler of strategy formulation, and as support for technology innovation, which drives the organization's top and bottom lines.
• Formulate, translate, advocate, support and execute business strategy to achieve the organization's targeted business outcomes.
• Construct technology-enabled operating models, and provide viable options and visibility into execution issues.
Research and Understand Technology and Nontechnology Trends
• Scan the world for major disruptive technology and nontechnology trends (trendspotting) that affect business. Provide practical advice and best practices to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
• Contextualize the technology trends based on social, economic, political and other nontechnology trends.
• Lead the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine their potential impact on the enterprise's business strategy, direction and architecture.
Enable Enterprise Ideation and Innovation
• Track and apply innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the business model to assess their potential, and use rapid prototyping approaches to evolve innovations.
• Run technology experiments, helping to create new products and services and integrating the best of theses into steady-state operations for the organization.
Determine and Help Orchestrate the Delivery of Business Outcomes
• Guide and advise stakeholders about disruptive technologies and trends.
• Determine the relationship between people, processes, information, technology and things of the enterprise, and their relationships to one another and to the external environment.
• Work with business peers to develop and present business capability models and roadmaps to facilitate discussion and decision making with stakeholders across the enterprise.
• Lead analysis of the business' future-state capabilities and future (and current) IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement and driving the business forward.
• Work with business peers and lead the identification and analysis of enterprise business outcomes and drivers to derive useful business context, and in response to disruptive forces.
• Develop diagnostic and actionable deliverables that help business guide investment decisions in support of executing business strategy.
• Lead analysis of the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
• Provide perspective on the readiness of the organization to change and innovate.
• Present a gap analysis and/or IT investment roadmap that reflects the status of the existing IT estate, namely, its ability to contribute to future-state business capabilities around ecosystems and digital platforms.
• Lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
• Lead and facilitate the creation of governance, assurance and standards to guide EA decision making.
• Ensure that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities are associated with EA compliance.
• Oversee the evaluation and selection of EA standards, as necessary.
• Oversee EA implementation, continuous improvement and ongoing refinement activities.
• Oversee the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work.
• Consult with infrastructure, project and product teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Degree Program/Major (business, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, system analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience)
• Seven or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management or operations in a multitier environment
• Five or more years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Knowledge of business models, operating models, financial models, cost-benefit analysis, budgeting and risk management
• Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
• Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
• Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments
• Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
• Knowledge of business engineering principles and processes
• Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.