Team Lead Information Security
Information Security Team Lead will direct the infrastructure team with the support, implementation, deployment, operations maintenance and continued improvements/upgrades of our enterprise level technology security.
Information Security Team Lead is the go-to team leader for the enterprise wide technology security efforts. This role ensures relevant information security controls are appropriately developed in the deployment and engineering of application or infrastructure projects, development practices, and testing methodologies in a complex, fast paced, multifaceted IT environment.
The Information Security Team Lead strives to enforce security best practices, policies, standards and guidance to ensure the safeguard of Advantage Solutions’ enterprise systems.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the identification and definition of system/network security requirements
• Advise leadership team on the ongoing design and implementation of security monitoring infrastructure
• Command the implementation and monitoring of security controls, defenses and countermeasures to prevent internal/external attacks on the company’s enterprise wide information systems
• Lead the maintenance of Advantage’s vulnerability management process
• Spearhead the team in the establishment and communication of company security standards and the compliance of such standards
• Software selection, contractual negotiation and leadership of third party vendors to continuously improve our information security posture and recommend enhancements and purchases
• Drive the development and maintenance of systems documentation to include administration guides, policies, and procedures
• Work with team to document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by such breaches, then implement a solution in concert with other Security team members
• Create, implement, and test of disaster recovery and incident response plan
• Research and stay up to date with the latest information security trends
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Computer Sciences
5+ Years of experience in working in an information technology security capacity
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Team lead experience in an information technology security capacity
• Strong critical thinking, analytical, excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of operating system internals, networking and system hardening
• Knowledge of WAF, logging devices, IPS/IDS, firewalls, networking, etc.
• Web application vulnerability assessment and penetration testing experience
• Support knowledge of Adobe products (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) helpful, but not required.
• Ability to lead teams with strong, yet thoughtful leadership
• Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained by team
• One or more information security certifications preferred
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Typically, requires the abilty to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may require the ability to lift up to 10lbs.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.