Category Leadership Associate
The Category Leadership Associate is a critical role on our Analytics, Insights and Intelligence team. The proactive, insights-driven capabilities of the Ai2 organization brings dedication, thought-leadership and a passion for unlocking growth in support of our clients and customers.
The Category Leadership Associate is able to leverage their education and experience to collect, assimilate, and organize large data sets in an efficient and visually compelling manner, allowing them to effectively interpret the data and deliver insights that will deliver increased sales for our customers and clients.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide recommendations based of data collected to improve overall ROI
• Analyze, and interpret data to provide tangible and measurable valued recommendations to align with specific business needs
• Organize and interpret large, multi-variable datasets in order to provide business related recommendations
• Integration of Category Management principles in analytics
• Recommend, select, and acquires data effectively and efficiently to improve information and insights
• Responsible for collecting customer/client data through our various platforms, and interpret that data in order to generate professional reports that will be used by business leaders in a timely manner
• Analyze data for inconsistencies and errors to align with client needs
• Responsible for ongoing monitoring and conducting routine data management to ensure data is up to date and valid.
• Develop game changing presentations using data collected while integrating visual components, meaningful headlines, flow, and follow Advantage Solutions Branding Guidelines
• Assist the sales team as needed in presentations and meetings to answer any questions regarding the data
• Provide meaningful insight, address questions, and follow-up as needed
• Prioritizes tasks with focus on strategic partners that deliver stronger ROI
• Organizes time and re-aligns work to meet deadlines 30%
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job.
- Travel up to 10%
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Math, Marketing, Statistics or Economics.
1-3 Years of experience in Sales and Marketing Agency or CPG industry solution provider, retailer, or manufacturer
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Well-organized and detail oriented
• Excellent customer service orientation; ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively, as part of a team
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and have an ability to work with minimal supervision
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize business requests
• Experience with IRI and Nielsen data platforms preferred
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Typically, requires the abilty to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may require the ability to lift up to 10lbs.
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.