Associate Research and Development Chef
The Associate Research and Development Chef is a creative culinary role that is responsible for managing and leading clients for purposes of creating new ideas for their menu or product line. This position is responsible for idea generation during innovation/ideation sessions on development projects. The incumbent must know and understand current trends and apply to culinary ideation and development projects. Additionally, this role engages with the account teams to support project management for all client-driven events and special projects, including creating and maintaining the project plan timeline and budget.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Client & Project Management
- Create, maintain and grow client relationships, soliciting feedback and initiating new projects
- Assist account team in management of projects, planning and executing events
- Communicate project status, progress, issues, solutions, timelines, as needed
- Collaborate with team to further promote company brand and create client opportunities
Creative Culinary Ideation & Presentations
- Create, articulate and present creative culinary concepts for client presentations
- Take an active role in agency/client ideations
- Take an active/lead role in presentations both internally and externally
- Research and/or understand consumer trends
- Translate challenges/trends into actionable culinary application
- Offer culinary skills for development projects
- Lead culinary development projects (i.e. recipe development, culinary presentations)
- Maintain facilities to meet safety codes and requirements
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Culinary Arts
5+ Years of experience in Food Service industry as an executive chef or corporate chef
1-3 Years of experience in Culinary Research & Development, sales or corporate role
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to Work Independently & Prioritize with minimal supervision, in order to Meet Deadlines
• Track Record of Building & Maintaining Customer/Client Relationships
• Ability to make Oral Presentations
• Flexible & Adaptable, able to change & Alter According to changes in Projects or Business Environment
• Understanding of current nutrition, food and food industry
• Have an understanding of restaurant operations, manufacturing, distribution, food safety, corporate strategy and profitability
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.