Sr Director Talent Acquisition
The Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition will provide leadership on philosophy, design and implementation of the recruiting strategy for both professional talent acquisition and high-volume staffing across unique Business Units under the enterprise umbrella. The Sr. Director will lead the execution of talent acquisition strategies and innovative solutions required to source and successfully onboard full-time professional, and part-time positions, quickly and efficiently. This role will also lead Recruiting Operations & Technology, Recruiting Compliance, Employment Marketing, Vendor Negotiation and management. This CEO Lead will be responsible to identify tools and implement technology that will attract, onboard, develop and retain top talent in support of aggressive organizational growth.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Business Functional Results
• Lead execution of integrated professional and high-volume staffing strategies (internal and external)
• Partner closely with senior leadership to provide strategic talent acquisition solutions that support aggressive company growth initiatives while keeping within budget constraints
• Identify and measure key metrics to gauge recruitment status including hiring cycle time, quality of hire, turnover, competitive hiring measures and new hire engagement
• Negotiate and manage contracts with external recruiting service providers
• On-going innovation around candidate sourcing: including social media, company website, job boards, employee referrals, recruiting tools and agencies where appropriate
• Direct the application of established talent acquisition and onboarding policies and processes and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Coach and develop hiring managers to ensure that they utilize best practices related to sourcing, interviewing and making sound hiring decisions
• Maintain candidate and hire quality by leading effective screening, interview and pre-hire processes, relationships with temporary employment agencies and vendors
• Develop and deliver trainings to ensure recruiters and field personnel are appropriately trained on the hiring process, including interviewing as well as any compliance issues associated with hiring
• Contribute to company’s efforts to be an employer of choice as measured by survey results, staff feedback and turnover
• Create and implement external candidate marketing and proactive recruiting programs and processes that attract, select, and retain a qualified and diverse workforce
• Champion the company’s values to attract new talent and maintain a high retention rate
• Collaborate with hiring managers and leadership to identify, develop and implement recruitment strategies. This includes assessing internal candidates and determining sources for external talent, sourcing passive and diverse candidates and developing talent pipelines for hard to fill positions
• Maintain positive interpersonal relationships requiring negotiation of critical matters and promote improvement ideas that can influence policy decisions and encourage new ideas
• Represent the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees and task forces (work close to the communities where we operate)
• Promote existing and new programs and/or policies
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: 10+ years of experience in sourcing and recruitment, in fast-paced, complex environments, preferably global
5+ years of experience in a functional leadership position
5+ years of experience in a high-volume staffing environment (for example, supporting an on-demand workforce, manufacturing or distribution center, service center, etcetera)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Advanced knowledge of creative sourcing techniques and platforms
· Experienced with grassroots recruiting campaigns to support high volume recruiting
· Vendor negotiation and management
· Strong knowledge of employment laws and regulations
· Advanced knowledge of Applicant Tracking systems (ATS) and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
· Experience with iCIMS ATS highly desired
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Strong Business Acumen
· Change Management
· Speed to execution
· Practical thinking
· Integrity and Trust
· Problem Solving
· Strategic Agility
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Solutions: Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: "To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services."
Advantage Solutions is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Advantage Solutions will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.