The Community Manager is responsible for analyzing, developing, and managing brand communications for client accounts. You will be expected to use your knowledge and instincts to create meaningful connections between brands and consumers across Social channels. This role will have an emphasis in creative copywriting, crafting social copy that aligns the brands identity, marketing objectives and consumer’s needs to drive favorable brand actions.
Alongside cross-agency teams and senior Social leads, you’ll focus on creating true business impact for clients - working towards the useful relationship consumers find with in their favorite brands.
The Community Manager uses strategic thinking and a fresh creative approach to analyze digital behavior, identify content and communication needs, and find innovative ways to reach brand influencers and advocates.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage social conversations, connecting with consumers and advocates through brand content and communications using blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels
• Develop and execute social content plans, including the daily/ weekly/monthly frequency, subjects and content type for both organic and paid social marketing
• Use concepting and copywriting skills to collaborate with creative content producers and social media strategist to write, edit and proof copy for all types of social content. Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for user experience for all social platforms
• Utilize Social analytics tools to identify consumer insights and program trends using Social Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
• Research the reach, relevance and impact of relevant brand influencers/advocates
• Communicate directly with relevant influencers/advocates on behalf of client brands engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
• Articulate insights and ideas to clients and team members through regular feedback, communicate insights gained from community monitoring to the Marketing and Editorial teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion.
• Contribute to the evolution of the agency’s approach to Social as a discipline
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
- Travel up to 5 %
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Marketing, Journalism, English, Communications or related field
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• 5+ years experience working in Social or digital marketing/advertising/PR/copywriting
• Passion for creating impact through Social communication, using data to derive insights on human behavior, and turning big ideas into successful realities
• Exceptional writing skills, interpersonal skills, and creative thinking
• Ability to represent the agency in a thoughtful and professional manner
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.