The Data Scientist will design, implement, and execute the company’s solutions through custom analytical solutions. Identifies business trends and problems through complex big data analysis. Collaborates with internal teams to ensure the delivery of stellar results for our clients. The Data Scientist ensures ongoing optimization and testing, provides reporting and analysis, and recommends implementing opportunities for improvement.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for creating and developing the company’s custom analytical solutions by designing, implementing, executing, and improving those solutions.
· Create architecture of data and business intelligence system. Identify business trends and problems through complex big data analysis
· Research latest technologies and techniques of big data sources / deep learning and machine learning techniques
· Participate in data mining, management, and develop analytics model
· Possesses a thorough understanding modelling, including the needs of clients, the methodology by which a model is executed, and how it aligns with the company’s overarching business goals
· Works with a complex set of variables to understand patterns. Creates and articulates compelling value propositions
· Creates reports and gathers performance summaries and analysis for further optimization and testing, providing reports on a regularly basis and recommends opportunities for improvement
· Form conclusions using statistical analysis based on multiple data sets
· Develop analytics algorithm and data roadmap
· Communicates findings with internal users and prepare report to present workable solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Communicates insights and successful performance impact to clients and account teams
· Interfaces with internal teams to drive innovation, ensuring capabilities meet market needs and customer satisfaction goals
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
(Required): Master’s Degree or equivalent experience
(Preferred): PhD in math, statistics, data science, or related field Or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Master’s Degree in math, statistics, data science, or related field
5+ Years of experience in Analytics with either a retailer or services provider with retail clients
Experience with A/B and multivariate testing
Experience with machine learning and data mining algorithms
Programming experience (preferably in languages such as R, Python and Java)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Knowledge of leading marketing analytic tools
· A keen eye for detail
· Ability to keep track of copious amounts of data across numerous accounts in a variety of ways.
· Ability to follow procedures exactly and being methodical is critical
· Ability to communicate complex data with clarity and simplicity
· Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and client-facing communication skills, with the ability to evolve the algorithm model and its strategy based on research, data, and industry trends
· Adaptable, self-motivated, ability to manage ambiguity, maintain a positive outlook and have an entrepreneurial drive
· Ability to identify predictive analytics and modeling
· Ability to understand big data analytics, data mining, and business intelligence
· Excellent in big database software
Nice to Have
o PhD in math, statistics, data science, or related field
o Experience with Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Microsoft Office Suite
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable federal, state and local laws. Accordingly, background checks are processed in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.