Compensation Analyst - Remote
At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a dedicated Compensation Analyst who will administer compensation and incentive programs, partners with internal customer groups to determine job creation and compensation needs, and evaluates and recommends base and variable pay, market pricing, and pay structure adjustments.
The successful candidate needs to enjoy learning, be intellectually curious, seek and receive direction from others, and apply analytical and problem-solving skills in areas where there may not be a clear right or wrong answers.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What we offer:
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Compensation Analyst is responsible for assisting in the administration of compensation programs, processes and procedures. Under the direction of the Compensation Manager, this position will participate in conducting job evaluations, updating/revising job descriptions, review and provide recommendations for proposed pay changes that fall outside of Salary Structure, conducting pay analyses and audits, and participating in salary surveys.
This position works closely with the Total Rewards leadership team and other senior members of Human Resources to lead various Compensation projects. The successful candidate needs to enjoy learning, be intellectually curious, seek and receive direction from others, and apply analytical and problem-solving skills in areas where there may not be clear right or wrong answers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate Company’s participation in external pay surveys by gathering necessary information and conducting analysis of jobs and roles, with assistance of senior Compensation Department colleagues as appropriate
- Lead review of market data, and internal comparisons to ensure pay structure, grades and bonus assignments are appropriate; provide recommendations for adjustments to Compensation Manager & Total Rewards Leadership
- Oversee ongoing minimum wage analysis, including but not limited to forecasting for state, county, city, federal minimum wage and provide business highlights and recommendations
- Assist with integration of Compensation programs for companies acquired through initial acquisition and earnout periods
- Create job descriptions that accurately describe job responsibilities, duties and requirements and ensure compliance with applicable laws
- Provide recommendations for FLSA exemptions to Legal for final approval
- Provide recommendations for pay ranges with guidance from Compensation Manager
- Lead annual review of job descriptions, market data, and internal comparisons to ensure pay structure, grades and bonus assignments are appropriate; propose changes based on findings to Total Rewards Leadership
- Assist in annual and off-cycle pay review and competitive pay review analyses
- Oversee and approve Payroll files prior to transmitting to Payroll
- Provide support to HR Business Partners on complex compensation-related matters
- Keep abreast of compensation trends, practices, and regulations relevant to our business
- Conduct ad hoc analysis as requested and participate in special projects as assigned, including mergers and acquisitions
- In partnership with Compensation Leadership on annual bonus and merit programs including but not limited to population analysis, budget analysis, and final impact
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Human Resources, Economics, Finance or Business;
or equivalent job-related experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Must be proactive, self-directed and independent
Must have strong analytical skills that lead to sound decision-making
Must be able to persuade and negotiate in a cooperative demeanor
Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
Must have a strong customer service orientation
Must have good problem solving, organization and time management skills
Must have strong internet skills to creatively search and find information
Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Must be able to work well in a team environment
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.