Area Vice President - Food Service
Waypoint is a highly decorated employer of choice in the food service industry, representing leading brands that enjoy top positions in their categories. Our mission is to be a seamless and flexible extension of our clients. Must. Love. Food. Whether its developing recipes, creating menus, building out an ecommerce strategy, all roads lead back to FOOD.
Specializing in creating value for customers in all segments including hospitality, healthcare, education, government, military and of course out of home dining. If you want to work at the intersection of culinary interest and fast paced commerce, join the team that does not follow food trends but rather sets them.
Waypoint is an inclusive work environment where our passion for the business drives us to gainfully connect our clients and customers. Our people are by far our greatest asset and together we live our motto every day – WINNING AS ONE.
We are currently seeking an Area Vice President who is responsible for executing the sales organization to deliver services for a region in the U.S. As a member of the senior management team, the VP, Sales participates in change management, team management, performance management, problem solving and process development for the department. Focus on delivering measurable sales results within the organization that lead to outstanding program results for our clients. Results will be attained through effective execution against business unit performance goals, through leveraging exceptional knowledge, skills, abilities and expertise of our clients.
Waypoint is the premier national sales and marketing agency for Foodservice and Non-Foods channels and beyond.
Succeeding in today’s competitive marketplace begins with gaining the advantage, and at Waypoint we stay ahead of the curve. Our partners rely on our unparalleled strategic insights, channel-specific expertise and resources, and innovative culinary support to deliver that competitive advantage. But helping our partners gain the advantage is not enough for us – we make it our business to maximize it through our pioneering technology and big data mining capabilities. We help position our partners to consistently beat their competition and to grow their business.
Develop and maximize long term revenue opportunity by becoming trusted advisers to our clients to strengthen customer loyalty. Strategize and drive formal client program reviews; manage to all client/contract expectations. Responsible to manage portfolio of top clients focused on managing client results, contracts, pricing, profitability and overall execution of program goals. Set expectations and interface closely with all stakeholders on the Executive Leadership Team on performance against execution goals; set up and manage service level agreements across the enterprise.
· Achieve P&L targets; manage business unit resources to deliver EBITDA* objective [*Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization].
· Own and drive revenue growth; lead team to identify and secure new revenue opportunities to include:
o Increase our existing clients’ business by maximizing opportunities with customers; leverage senior level customer relationships to benefit client business resulting in increased revenue
o Grow white space for Advantage within key clients
· Support team in developing the strategy to align resources to secure revenue growth; coordinate with other senior level members of Advantage to achieve goals
Responsible for hiring, developing, and retaining talent using company-wide processes, tools and resources. Perform regular assessments of strengths and opportunities within the team and deploy appropriate course of action to develop or manage performance. Responsible for building a high performing team with complimentary skill sets. Execute all aspects of the performance management culture, including development discussions and creation of Individual Development Plans, regular coaching and feedback, Performance Improvement Plan creation and delivery. Promotes a culture of pay for performance
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 70 %
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
• 7-10 years or more of related experience in Business Management, Food Brokerage or Food Service
• 5+ years or more of progressive management experience in sales, planning and/or business development
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Expert level influencing skills – ability to manage internal and external boundaries, set expectations, and build alignment at varying management levels/client interface
· Expert level insight skills – ability to identify and develop robust data on internal and external operations (especially regarding customer expectations and alternatives) and transform that data into decisions that balance risk with reward
· Expert level execution skills - ability to coordinate mutually agreed expectations of what is promised to the customer into measurable business results
· Expert level credibility skills – ability to use personal effectiveness to link relationships, processes, and business methodologies with revenue-producing activities
· Strong strategic thinking and process development skills
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Empathy/understanding of the impact of marketing and business development initiatives on field associates
· Technically proficient in marketing and business development tools, MS Office and data reporting systems.
· Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
· Team player with good people skills
· Ability to manage and develop a team of 10 or more employees, including direct and indirect reports
· Must have proven successful track record in developing strategies and delivering results
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Typically, requires the abilty to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may require the ability to lift up to 10lbs.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Advantage Solutions reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Advantage Solutions shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.