Zone Director Food Service
The Zone Director Food Service core focus is Market Execution. The Zone Director is responsible for directing the sales organization to deliver services for a region in the U.S. Responsible for all sales activity for a region. As a member of the management team, the Zone Director participates in change management, organizing the team to generate outside sales, while deepening client relationships. Focus on driving measurable activity within the team that lead to outstanding program results for our clients. Results will be attained through a high level of professionalism, excellent sales execution, focused on the top clients in the region.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
· Responsible for establishing credibility as an expert in a specific market. Understand the latest trends and create new trends
· Monitor and use market research or defined target group to predict and develop short term strategies to meet the needs of our clients, including helping our clients create new market segments and continue to grow their leadership footprint in the region
· Responsible for strengthening current client relationships by becoming trusted advisers and strengthening relationship loyalty
· Manage all daily client communication within organization. Conduct business reviews with clients (annually, quarterly, monthly and weekly) to ensure client needs are met
· Manage client projects to ensure client satisfaction and organization sales and growth objectives are met. Cultivate effective working relationships with clients through managing client expectations
· Responsible for hiring, developing, and retaining talent using company-wide processes, tools and resources. Perform regular assessments of strengths and opportunities within the team and deploy appropriate course of action to develop or manage performance
· Responsible for building a high performing team with complimentary skill sets. Execute all aspects of the performance management culture, including development discussions and creation of Individual Development Plans, regular coaching and feedback, Performance Improvement Plan creation and delivery. Promotes a culture of pay for performance
· Oversee zone operations to maximize sales and profitability. Responsible for creating and executing customer business plans
· Manage the interface with a specific customer(s) to drive customer/client sales
· Serves as the customer’s primary point of contact on client specific issues, develops annual priorities, budgets and plans for the year, resolves ongoing conflicts
· Manage P&L responsibilities, primarily on expense management of the local team.
- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
- May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are essential duties and function of this job
- Travel up to 50 %
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
5+ years of experience in Business, Food Brokerage, Food Service
2 years of management experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· Track Record of Building & Maintaining Customer/Client Relationships
· Team Building Skills
· Ability to Direct, Lead, & Develop People
· Ability to Work Independently & Prioritize with minimal supervision, in order to Meet Deadlines
· Good Interpersonal Skills
· Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
· Conflict Management Skills
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically, requires the abilty to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may require the ability to lift up to 10lbs.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.