At our Company, we grow People, Brands, and Businesses! We are seeking a talented Solutions Architect to be responsible for the overall design and architecture of application development projects ensuring those map to business requirements as well as systems/technical requirements. The Solutions Architect works as a team member along with the Software Engineering team to develop and deliver complete solutions for the Company business units and clients.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today
What we offer:
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for the overall design and architecture of application development projects ensuring those map to business requirements as well as systems/technical requirements. The Solutions Architect works as a team member along with the Software Engineering team to develop and deliver complete solutions for the Advantage Sales and Marketing business units and clients.
• Manages the selection and/or recommendations of technologies and platforms used in application development efforts
• Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for used technologies and platforms
• Researches and manages implementation of suitable technology updates/upgrades across applications
• Works as a team member on the application development team to ensure business needs are being met
• Writes code based on business requirements
• Audits and give final approval of code before production releases
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Design, develop, unit test, and deploy code
• Update and upgrade development environments and infrastructure
• Audit code written by application development engineers against development standards
• Mentor application development engineers on best practices and acquired skills/knowledge
• Ensure all source code is accounted for, organized, and documented
• Manage deployment of code to production environments
• Locate and recommend up-to-date practices, including 3rd Party solution alternatives, as part of the functional design of applications
• Work with stakeholders to architect applications so they are designed to evolve and grow with the business
End User Support
• Triage and troubleshoot issues with users
• Support user training
• Manage transition of application support to the Help Desk team
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: MIS, Computer Science or comparable major
10+ years of experience in using Microsoft Technology Stack including C#/.NET, or related experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Experience working with business clients or customers
• Experience with multiple phases of the SDLC
• Should have strong leadership, analytical and quantitative analysis skills
• Familiarity with tools, concepts & methodology of business analysis
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Sound coordination and follow up skills
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
• Be a strong team player
• Ability to share knowledge and expertise with other software engineers
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
• Proficient with agile development methodologies / Scrum
• Be a strong team player
• Strong work ethic, self-motivated
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• SQL Server 2008 (or newer)
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• Microsoft Team Foundation Server
• Microsoft Office
• Microsoft Architecture Tools
• C# and or equivalent object oriented programming language or other related skills
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.