Senior AWS Cloud Engineer
Advantage Solutions is seeking a talented a Senior AWS Cloud Engineer to join our engineering teams with the architecture, scripting (Infrastructure as Code), deployment, support, operations maintenance, as well as continued improvements/upgrades of our enterprise level cloud infrastructure.
This Senior AWS Cloud Engineer position provides advanced design and engineering support for Advantage Solutions’ cloud infrastructure applications. It requires experience architecting and deploying cloud-based solutions in AWS. As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will be responsible for cross functional collaboration to develop, maintain and continuously upgrade our cloud architecture, operations, and support model.
Areas of Responsibility
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with technology teams to develop target state cloud architecture, as well as planning for ongoing cloud technology optimization.
• Drive cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision with other teams within the organization.
• Manage/execute POCs and feasibility studies to validate next-gen product concepts and technologies leveraging results to guide business and technology decisions.
• Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, governance, cost controls, etc.
• Drive technical designs to consensus and approval.
• Work with product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmap into releases.
• Keep abreast of and gain expertise in the evolving technology and understand how new technologies could be applied
• Develop road map to leverage/use IaaS and PaaS across the organization.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
10+ years of experience in Technology Infrastructure
5-10 years of experience supporting mission critical infrastructure services at a large organization.
4+ years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing including infrastructure, storage, platforms and data.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Experience in cloud computing-based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS delivery models.
• Expertise in architecting secure cloud solutions
• Expertise in AWS IAM Security models
• Experience building High Availability/Fault Tolerant Systems
• Expertise in creating/updating/maintaining CloudFormation templates or other IaC
• Experience using AWS Container solutions (ECS, Fargate, Kubernetes)
• Experience using Docker containers
• Experience using AWS RDS database solutions and Redshift
• Experience using AWS NoSQL solutions such as DynamoDB, MongoDB
• Experience with AWS Elasticache, ElasticSearch, SQS, SNS, Lambda, WorkSpaces among others
• Experience building cloud architecture with Azure
• Experience with Azure Resource Templates
• Experience architecting, deploying and managing solutions in Azure
• Experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment
• DevOps experience monitoring and supporting systems
• Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/continuous deployment and cloud delivery models
• Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills
• Experience with Windows and Linux platforms
• Deep expertise in public cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
• Ability and working experience in bash, batch, or Python scripting
• Understanding of GIT, ansible playbooks and cloud templating
• Ability to create business cases for new technology proposals
• Working knowledge of at least one configuration management tool, such as Ansible, Chef, and/or Puppet
• Possess an understanding of system testing including platform, integration, load and scale testing.
• Knowledge of infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
• Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
• Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
• Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
• Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
• Proficient at multitasking and proactive in work responsibilities
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.