Specialist Warehouse Receiving Material Mover
The Warehouse Specialist Receiving Material Mover- (WS) works with the Warehouse Manager to set-up fulfillment production lines and then put-away left-over goods once the project is completed. WS will use a fork lift to pull raw materials from inventory; delivering these materials to their designated production area and working with the area Lead to setup the production line. Upon completion of the project, the WS will count the left-over materials and using our Warehouse Management System, move the goods back into their proper location within inventory.
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Review Work Orders and work with Warehouse Specialists and Leads to pull necessary materials from inventory to fulfill kitting projects
• Move designated materials from storage to the Fulfillment Production Area, documenting the movement in our Warehouse Management System using handheld scanning device
• Operate a forklift, and other equipment in order to unload trucks, and move and store materials and supplies.
• Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
• Upon completion of the project, perform put-away of any unused materials back into inventory.
• Verify counts of inventory put-away and document via handheld device
• Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs.
• Record all movements of material in Warehouse Management System via handheld device
• Perform basic safety/equipment check of fork lift each day at beginning of shift
• Perform end-of-day cleaning checklist
• Maintain a clean and hazard-free workplace
• Follow all rules related to OSHA and other compliance-related activities
• Report all infractions or observed safety issues to Warehouse Manager
• Perform end-of-shift cleaning as directed by Warehouse Manager
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Minimum Qualifications The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
• 1-3 years of fork lift driving experience
• 1-3 years of use of computer inventory control systems
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
• Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work independently or with a team
• Ability to work effectively with management
• Ability to perform the job safely by using safety techniques and practices
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Office / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust, and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Additional Information Regarding Advantage Solutions Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.